Camp Is a Wonderful Place!
Hey Parakeet here! This is my seventh summer being at Camp Kintail. After 3 years on staff I have learned and grown so much with the help of many amazing people around me. I have made a list of some of the great things I learned in my years here. These are things that will stay with me forever, and things that I will use in my daily life and in my future career:
* Music is the most beautiful thing especially when you are singing with your friends at Camp.
* The most effective way to finish a task is usually to do it in a group.
* You don’t have to be good at everything; but trying is always the best option.
* Being dirty means that you have had an adventure.
* Play and laughter is key. It’s okay to be silly and goofy, it makes for the best stories!
* Being busy at camp and being in God’s creation all the time, lets you discover the things in life that you truly love.
* Camp wear is always in style.
* It’s always good to plan ahead, and to have a rain plan.
* Sleep is a necessity!
* At camp, anybody can use a nail gun, carry boats, and make bracelets.
* Your cabin is your family. You learn to love and respect them.
* You accept and embrace everyone, no matter what.
* Asking for help is not a sign of weakness.
* Christian communities are one of the best things that you will ever find.
* Trusting people is very rewarding.
* Friendships make life memorable and wonderful
* Respect everyone.
* Treat others the way you want to be treated!
* Always love yourself, and each other.
* Camp Kintail is the place to be because: we put God first; we are all being responsible and safe; we are always enjoying and taking care of God’s creation; and, we are always welcoming to everyone!