What is better, a burnt marshmallow or a golden marshmallow? The girls of Evergreen argue the following:
In Favour of Burnt Marshmallows
Burnt marshmallows are the superior marshmallow and here is why.
- The burnt marshmallow shell compliments the gooey center very nicely
- Unlike golden marshmallows, burnt marshmallows are always cooked and very gooey
- They are easy, quick, and convenient to cook
- Burnt marshmallows are satisfying to blow out
- Burnt marshmallows melt the chocolate in s’mores
In conclusion, the burnt marshmallows are 10 X better.
In Favour of the Golden Marshmallow
Golden marshmallows are an art-form, and they are a much better choice than a burnt marshmallow.
- It takes patience and practice and is therefore more rewarding when you get it right
- The taste and texture is far superior to a burnt marshmallow
- Golden mallows are slightly crispy on the outside with warm gooeyness on the inside
- You do not get a burnt chocolate taste with a golden marshmallow
- When making a s’more you get a wonderful sticky tasty mess that melts the chocolate
- There is no crumbling and flaking from a golden marshmallow
This proves that the golden brown is the undeniable best of marshmallows.
What do you think? Show us your marshmallow roasting prowess the next time you visit camp!
– Evergreen Cabin K9 with Aihe & Caldera