Summer 2020 On-site Programming Cancelled
It is with great sadness that we are announcing that the 2020 on-site summer programs at Camp Kintail have been cancelled. This decision was not made lightly, but with prayer, research, and consultation by the Kintail staff and Camp Board. The health, safety, and well-being of every camper, staff, volunteer, and guest is our highest priority. Without widespread testing or a vaccine for COVID-19, it is simply not safe to offer on-site programs to children and youth this summer.
As previously communicated, the Camp Kintail Board has adapted the regular cancellation policy in light of this extraordinary situation. We are providing three options for families.
- Full Refund – We know that many families are struggling financially during this crisis. If you require a refund, this will be provided via your original method of payment.
- Credit – We are glad to give a credit to families for the amount that has already been paid to Kintail. This credit would extend over two years and could be used by any member of a family for any Kintail camp session or retreat or for any Camp Kintail clothing. This is helpful to the camp as it allows us to have cashflow at the present time and reduces banking costs.
- Donation – For those who are able, we hope you will consider donating some, or all, of the amount already paid to Kintail. The coming year will be a difficult one for Camp Kintail, and any donation you could make would help to keep Camp strong for the years to come. Your donation will help with the costs that will happen this year, even with reduced income, such as taxes, electricity, staffing, and maintenance. A tax receipt will be given for every donation made.
To see more information and our archive of updates regarding Kintails response to Covid-19, you can view our letters and correspondence on our blog here.