Team Building & Leadership Development at its Best
Camp Kintail has many years of experience working with groups on leadership development, Problem Solving, Communication and Team Building. Our excellent staff, numerous team building initiatives, 15 low ropes elements, 3 sided climbing tower, 13 element high ropes course and zip line provide groups with a fantastic place to develop and come together. Come to Camp Kintail with your class, club, sports team or community group to help them grow into a high performing and cohesive group.
Outdoor Physical Education — It’s so much fun they won’t notice they’re learning!
There are numerous activities that can be done at Camp Kintail, including several ‘minority sports’ that are difficult to do at school. Often the challenge is deciding which ones you want to include in your trip. For all of these activities we can provide information regarding overall and specific expectations in the curriculum that can be enhanced or complimented while participating in the activities at Camp Kintail.
- 18 hole disc golf course—Frisbee Golf
- A large waterfront of sandy beach for swimming
- Canoeing and Kayaking and Stand Up Paddle boarding
- Beach Volleyball
- Nature and Beach trails
- Geocaching and Orienteering
- Gaga Ball— fast paced, self-contained game for all ages
- Ultimate Frisbee
- 3 Large Grass playing fields surrounded by cedar forest, perfect for camp
wide games like Capture the Flag along with soccer and other field sports.
Environmental Science— Active, Hands On, Learning
- Grade 1— Science: The Same But different
- Grade 2— Science: Water! Water Everywhere!
- Grade 3— Science: It’s Not Just dirt
- Grade 4— Science: Home Sweet Home, Food chains
- Grade 5— Science: It Moves
- Grade 6— Science: Biodiversity
- Grade 7— Science: Food Webs, Geography:Map and GPS Skills
- Grade 8— Science: Where does water go? Geography:Map and GPS Skills
- Grade 9— Science: Biology—Sustainable Ecosystems, Geography: Map and GPS Skills
- Grade 10 to 12—Contact us and we will work with you to create a custom program that will the needs of your class and where you are in the curriculum.
Please contact us for more specifics about the Environmental Science lessons and the Overall and Specific Expectations that are enhanced through these lessons. If there are any specific topics that you would like to cover that you don’t see listed here please let us know and we will work with you to plan a session that will meet your curriculum needs and provide a fun learning experience for your students.
Year End Class Trip— End the year with a blast
If you would love for your class to have an experience they will never forget, come to Camp Kintail for your year end trip. Celebrate graduations, milestones and a successful year of school. Encourage your students to grow in confidence and leadership as they take part in activities on our waterfront, rock climbing tower and high ropes course. Camp wide games, arts and crafts, music and drama, archery and sports are all possibilities during a fun stay at Camp Kintail.
Fun and Safety are priorities at Camp Kintail
At Camp Kintail we pride ourselves on providing a fun and safe experience for each and every group. We are fully accredited by the Ontario Camping Association (OCA) and meet or exceed all relevant OPHEA guidelines for all of our activities.
[email protected] or call 519-529-7317 with any questions you might have and to book your class in while dates are available. You can also download the Camp Kintail School Group Brochure and the Teacher Information Package Spring 2018.