Good food is a priority for us, as it is a big part of the warm Christian hospitality that we want everyone to experience while they are at Camp Kintail. Our chefs and kitchen staff work hard to provide lots of delicious, nutritious and safe food that everyone will enjoy.
Our kitchen and food procedures and options include:
- Meals are served family style to the table or by buffet. There is always lots for seconds.
- There is a vegetarian option prepared at every meal, as requested.
- There is fresh fruit available on the kitchen counter at all times, for a snack or during a meal.
- All special diets and allergies are accommodated with individual meal options prepared as needed. We do allow people to bring food for the kitchen to prepare if they want a certain brand or exact type of food prepared (ie a specific brand of gluten free pasta).
- Camp Kintail’s kitchen is nut aware and we do not prepare any food with peanuts or nut products. We ask that our guests not bring any nut products onto the camp’s property.
- There is cold water served to the table at every meal. Milk is served at breakfast and dinner.
- There is a juice machine that contains real juice options of orange, apple, cranberry, peach and grape juices, and drink options of lemonade and iced tea.
- The chef prepares a menu that is based on your requests, and approved by you. We can accommodate almost any menu and food requests.
- We try to use as much local product as possible, and will often suggest menu items that are in season. For example, cakes with fresh strawberries in June or fresh apple and pumpkin pie in the fall.
- There is a dessert served at lunch and dinner.
- Camp Kintail purchases good quality food, not the cheapest. As a not for profit camp, our goal is to provide a high quality nutritious food experience. For example, we only serve chicken fingers, nuggets or chicken burgers that are 100% white meat.
- Camp Kintail tries to purchase local meat and produce when possible. All of our products come from farms and suppliers that are properly inspected and certified. We love when we can get local berries, or tomatoes, or meat, since we are surrounded by wonderful farms.
- We are working on providing food that this fair traded. For example, our coffee is organic and fairly traded.
- Camp Kintail exceeds the health department standards and has three inspections from the Health Inspector each year. We keep a daily log of fridge and freezer temperatures, and the kitchen is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily. All food is properly stored in sealed containers, and labeled and dated.
Catering Prices (all prices are per person plus hst)
Breakfast: $5.00 (cold breakfast) or $7.00 (hot breakfast)
Note: all meals include unlimited coffee, tea & juices that are self serve from the beverage hospitality station, and is generally open and stocked during your entire stay
We welcome any questions about our food products and procedures. We have some people that like to tour the kitchen or talk to the cook about their specific dietary needs. We welcome this as we love to show off the hard work of the kitchen staff and our facilities.