This past fall our wonderful camp chefs, Lobo and Luciolle, tried their hand at a Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake and it quickly became a Camp Kintail favourite! Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake is best enjoyed with a hot coffee after a delicious dinner.
Camp Kintail’s Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
Servings: 10 – 12
1 ½ C Graham Cracker Crumbs
¼ C Sugar
⅓ C Butter, melted
4 x 8 oz packages Cream Cheese, softened
1 ½ C Sugar
2 tbsp Cornstarch
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 large Eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1 C Canned Pumpkin puree
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Securely wrap two layers of heavy duty foil around a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- For the crust: combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar, then stir in melted butter. Press mixture onto the bottom and 1 ½ in up the sides of the prepared springform pan. Place on a baking sheet and bake until set. About 10-15 minutes. Let cook on a wire rack.
- For the filling: beat 1 package of softened cream cheese, ½ C of the sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Beat in remaining cream cheese, 1 package at a time, until smooth. Then beat in remaining sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs and beat on low speed just until combined. Place 2 cups of filling in a small bowl and stir in pumpkin puree, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour half of the plain filling into the prepared crust, then dollop in half of the pumpkin mixture – swirl with a knife. Repeat with remaining filling and swirl.
- Place the springform pan in a large baking pan. Add 1 inch of hot water to the large baking pan. Bake until the centre is just set and the top appears dull, about 55-65 minutes.
- Once just set, remove the springform pan from the water bath and let cool on a wire rack. After 10 minutes on the cooling rack run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen, then let cool for another hour. Cover cheesecake when completely cooled and refrigerate overnight. Remove the rim from the pan and enjoy!
Lobo’s Pro Tip: Serve with caramel sauce and fresh whipped cream!
Recipe adapted from https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mom-s-best-pumpkin-cheesecake