My new favourite breakfast recipe is this Baked Oatmeal with Apples, Raisins & Pecans! Perfect on a cold snowy morning with a hot cuppa tea and some Greek yogurt with honey. Enjoy!
Baked Oatmeal with Apples, Raisins & Pecans
- 2 C Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats (Gluten Free if needed)
- ¾ C Brown Sugar
- 1 C Chopped Pecans, divided (For nut-free options try pumpkin seeds!)
- ½ C Raisins
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 C Milk*
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the dish**
- 2 tart yet sweet apples, peeled and cut into 1/2 –inch chunks (about 2 C)Gus isn’t always the most helpful chef assistant, especially on sleepy mornings!
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease an 8 or 9-inch baking dish with butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, ½ cup of the nuts, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon & salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl break up eggs and whisk in milk, vanilla and melted butter.
- Add the milk mixture to the oat mixture.
- Scatter the prepared apples evenly on the bottom on the prepared baking dish. Pour the oatmeal mixture over top and spread evenly in the dish. Sprinkle the remaining ½ C of chopped nuts on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden and the oats are set. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with Greek yogurt and honey!
Dish can be tightly covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days.
*Can substitute milk alternative – I used almond milk.
** Can use butter substitute – I used Earth Balance vegan butter.