lonBlueberry Breakfast Muffins
Serves 12 | Prep Time 15 Min | Bake Time 20 Min
2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
1 C Plain Greek Yogurt*
¼ C Vegetable Oil**
½ C Brown Sugar***
1 ¼ C Whole Wheat Flour****
1 C Quick Cooking Oats
¼ C Milled Flax Seeds (Optional)
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Nutmeg
¼ tsp Salt
1 C Frozen Blueberries
- Spray muffin tray lightly with oil (or line with papers) and preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, Greek yogurt, vegetable oil and brown sugar until completely combined.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, oats, milled flax, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until fully combined. Fold in frozen blueberries. Don’t over-mix or berries will crush. Batter will be wet and sticky.
- Using an ice cream scoop spoon batter into muffin tin.
- Bake 18-22 minutes until tops are browned, muffins spring back when touched, and a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Flames Master Tips!
* I use 0% m.f. plain Greek yogurt. You could substitute vanilla or fruit flavoured Greek yogurt or sour cream.
** Can substitute melted butter or another mild flavoured oil of your choosing.
*** I have substituted maple syrup in this recipe and it turned out lovely!
**** I like to use Whole Wheat Flour; you can substitute All Purpose flour instead.