There are so many things to be thankful for during this time of year. Family, friends and a break from the busyness of life to celebrate Christmas. There is one other thing that this time of year also marks, HALF WAY TO CAMP!! There are so many little things about camp that I miss. Here are a few:
- The constant smell of sunscreen in the air.
- The joy on everyone’s faces when we get rain after a long time of heat and dryness.
- The plethora of people to feel supported by and to talk to.
- The peace and quiet of early morning and late at night.
- The chaos of the middle of the day.
- The sound of waves crashing on the shore of beautiful Lake Huron.
- The warm sun beating down on you, reminding you that you should reapply sunscreen (see #1).
- The laughter, shrieks and loud voices of children having fun.
- The cold, sweater-weather nights when you layer your blankets.
- The magical feeling of just being at camp.
Now that I have made you miss camp just as much as I do, remember that camp doesn’t really end when you leave the 24 acres that is Camp Kintail. Camp continues throughout the year through the connections you make, the moments that trigger memories, and the yearning to go back again!
Merry Christmas everyone and see you all next summer!
Register today for the 2017 season via our Registration Portal